COVID-19 Patient Protection Protocols
We would like to first thank you for your support as we move through the changing climate that COVID has presented each of us uniquely, but also as a community.
As a family focused business, we have implemented the following efforts to help protect the vulnerable members of our patients, staff, and local community.
Thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation and support in helping to provide the safest environment possible.
Entry to the Office:
The front door is locked during business hours with entry available by appointment only.
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment for exams and styling appointments for new frames.
- Masks are required for entry for all visitors.
- Temperatures will be recorded for all visitors with a no-contact thermometer and visitors with a temperature over 100* F will be asked to reschedule.
- All visitors will be asked to confirm their exposure risk or COVID related symptoms**
- All visitors will be asked to either sanitize or wash their hands upon arrival
Exams & Styling Appointments:
- Patient intake paperwork will be provided digitally to be completed before your appointment.
- We have limited the number of patients in the building at any given time to assist in social distancing efforts.
- We ask that you come to the appointment alone whenever possible. We allow a maximum of one additional person should a parent, guardian or caretaker need to accompany you/the patient.
- We are utilizing a “Virtual Waiting Room” and ask that you wait in your vehicle until your appointment time.
- Once it is time for your appointment, please call the office for a technician to confirm the clinic has been properly sanitized and ready for you.
- Upon confirmation, the technician will meet you at the front door to begin your exam pre-test for the doctor.
Office Sanitizing Steps & Touch Free Options
- All common area surfaces and equipment are sanitized before and after each patient.
- All eyeglass frames that are handled are sanitized prior to placing them back on display.
- We are offering non-contact payment options including touch-free enabled credit card terminals for tap cards, Apple Pay/Google Pay or you may request a payment link be texted to your digital device.
- Patients will be provided access to digital prescriptions & patient records through the online Patient Portal.
- We have upgraded our HVAC system to include Global Plasma Solutions Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization air purification technology as well as upgrades to improve circulation in exam rooms. This system is designed to reduce the number of airborne pathogens present and is currently utilized in commercial aircraft, hospitals, and the White House.
** COVID Risk & Screening Questions:
We will be asking all patients and visitors the following questions:
- In the past two weeks, have you been exposed to anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19?
- In the past two weeks, have you experienced onset of any of the following signs or symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- If the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, we will reschedule any appointment.
Again, your understanding, cooperation and support are greatly appreciated!
Thank you from the Coal Creek Family Vision Team!